Policy links will be updated as they are approved by the School Committee.
- Section A: Foundations and Basic Commitments contains policies on the district’s legal role in providing public education and the basic principles underlying school board governance. These policies provide a setting for all of the school committee’s other policies and regulations.
- Section B: School Board Governance and Operations contains policies on the School Committee – how it is appointed or elected; how it is organized; how it conducts meetings, and how it operates.
- Section C: General School Administration contains policies on school management, administrative aspect of special programs and system wide reforms such as school or site-based management. It also houses personnel policies on administrators.
- Section D: Fiscal Management contains policies on school finances and the management of funds.
- Section E: Support Services contains policies on non-instructional services and programs, particularly those of business management such as safety, building and grounds management, office services, transportation, and food services.
- Section F: Facilities Planning and Development contains policies on facility planning, financing, construction, and renovation.
- Section G: Personnel contains policies on all school employees.
- Section H: Negotiations contains policies on the process of negotiating with bargaining units under state law.
- Section I: Instruction contains policies on the instructional program: basic curricular subjects; special programs, instructional resources, and academic achievement.
- Section J: Students contains policies on students – admission, attendance, rights and responsibilities, conduct, discipline, health and welfare, and school-related activities.
- Section K: School – Community – Home Relations contains policies on parent and community involvement in schools.
- Section L: Education Agency Relations contains policies on the school district’s relationship with other education agencies.